This course leads to an Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral. (NB There are pre-requisite qualifications required for this course detailed below).
Course Description: Exercise referral, or GP referral as it’s also known, enables exercise professionals to better serve existing clients, branch out to new people and working with organisations, such as the NHS, who refer clients. This Exercise Referral Course is specifically designed for Fitness Professionals looking to develop referral schemes for health care services. In addition, the diploma also benefits gym instructors working in leisure clubs and Personal Trainers looking to develop their own knowledge of exercise.
Increasingly, GP’s and healthcare workers are prescribing exercise for health conditions. In response to the increasing demand for Exercise Referral Specialists, our Exercise Referral Course delivers the precise skills needed to fulfil this role. The future of the fitness industry is linked to healthcare, both in a rehabilitative and preventative measures. This qualification enables forward-thinking fitness professionals to steer a career towards GP exercise referral.
This 3 day course, plus home study, is for those who want to work in GP Exercise Referral. It is ideal for Personal Trainers wishing to broaden their knowledge and work with clients with specific conditions. The diploma allows for personal development and progression within this fascinating and rewarding field, and is a pre requisite for anyone wishing to become Level 4 Specialist Instructor.
The EveryBody Fit Exercise Referral course leads to a nationally recognised qualification. It takes an in-depth look at a range of conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, osteoarthritis and mental health conditions. Above all, the course identifies how exercise can improve quality of life and help clients achieve their goals.
Course Structure: As an Exercise Referral Specialist, it will be your job to advise these clients on how to enhance their wellbeing through a planned programme of exercise and nutrition. Key areas of focus include:
- Pathophysiology, treatment, special considerations for: Cardiovascular conditions: Atherosclerosis, hypertension, high cholesterol
- Mobility related conditions: Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, lordosis, kyphosis, scoliosis, spondylosis (spinal arthritis) joint replacement
- Mental health conditions: Anxiety, stress and depression
- Other conditions: obesity, diabetes type 1 & 2, asthma, COPD (chronic bronchitis and emphysema), hypocholesteraemia and hypertension
- Related exercise benefits and implications
You will also cover and gain an understanding of:
- Collecting information to plan an exercise referral programme
- The principles of risk stratification in exercise referral
- Current UK healthcare systems and the exercise referral process
- Accepted methods of treatment/ management of medical conditions relevant to exercise referral programmes
- How to programme safe, effective exercise programmes for patients with specified exercise referral medical conditions
- Medication (over counter and prescription) and exercise implications
- Behavioural change and motivational interviewing
- Safe and effective progressive exercise programming
- Setting up and coordinating exercise referral schemes
Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology and Level 3 Nutrition also make up part of this course. If you’ve already completed these as part of another course or discipline, for example, personal training, you won’t need to repeat them.
Pre-requisite qualifications – Learners must hold one of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Level 2 Certificate in Group Training*
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork*
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga*
How will I be assessed?
Your assessment will take place during the course and will include a practical assessment and a case study. The course is face-to-face for 3 days together with home learning. All your assessments will take place at the course venue.
Before buying this course, please ensure you have read and understood the cancellation and refund policies of this Training Provider detailed below.
Training Provider: EveryBody Fit
Learning Time: 5 days
Location: Blended online and practical assessment
Course Rating: Google 5-star
Information on EveryBody Fit: EveryBody Fit is a small independent Gym and Centre of Education delivering small group fitness classes, 1-2-1 Personal Training and nationally recognised Active IQ Fitness Qualifications. Our qualifications are delivered by a combination of face to face and home study with support calls from highly qualified and experienced tutors. No matter what you choose to do at EveryBody Fit, our ethos is to support, motivate and encourage each other to be the best they can be. www.everybodyfituk.com
Cancellation Policy: Within 7 days there is no fee, after 1 week and 8 weeks prior to assessment it’s £20, 8-4 weeks prior to assessment it’s £30 and 4 weeks prior to assessment it’s £40. If you do not attend your assessment dates without notifying EveryBody Fit prior to the first day of the course/assessment a charge of £100 will be incurred.
Refund Policy: No Refund policy. Upon booking your course you have a 14 day cooling off period and a full refund will be given. After the 14 days no monies will be refunded.